I began keeping a personal blog during a big move in 2006. In 2010 I experienced my first viral success with the post "Why Having a Toddler is Like Being at a Frat Party." My readership started at 32 email subscribers and has grown to a social media audience of over 20,000.
The Portsmouth Herald & Foster's Daily Democrat
I write a weekday newsletter offering a conversational take on the day's local news. Since its launch in November 2015, subscriptions have steadily increased while unsubscribes remain flat.
I Just Want to Pee Alone, New York Times Best Seller
In 2013 I wrote a contributing essay for this parenting humor anthology. In 2015 the book made its way to the NYT Best Sellers list. I baked myself a cake.
And Here's More
- Viral videos: "I Quit" and "This is How We Do" received local, national and international coverage across several major media outlets (Diane Sawyer actually spoke my name)
- Founding contributor to NickMom.com
- Scary Mommy contributor
- Creator of "Argument of the Week" for MommyShorts.com
- Chosen copywriter for Clorox Bleach parents campaign
- My letter to the editor became part of a local movement to "Stop Shaming Our Girls," and I'm still super proud about that